Fade has been designed for an industrial environment. It is robust and fast enough to triangulate many millions of points. There is a student license, eval licenses and a commercial license for professional users.
- Save development costs
- Reduce your product’s time to market
- Make it instantly fast and robust
Fade is not free software. But the student license is free of charge for personal non-commercial scientific research and can be downloaded without registration. Please put a link to Fade on your research homepage or project page and cite Fade in scientific publications using it. When you distribute it with your non-commercial research software then you must clearly point out that commercial use requires a valid commercial license.
All other applications, including commercial in-house usage, require a commercial license which has the advantage of maintenance, error corrections and personal support. The commercial license of Fade consists of several parts:
- The Fade2D base component (mandatory): It covers 2D Delaunay triangulations, constrained Delaunay triangulations (insertion of segments) and the Segment Checker
- The Mesh Generator (optional): Delaunay Meshing and Grid Meshing creates well shaped triangles inside a defined area. You might have a look at the article about Advanced Mesh Generation
- The Fade2.5D extension (optional): Ideal for terrains and other height fields: Points have (x,y,z)-coordinates, ISO lines (contours in the terrain having the same height) can be computed and the height values z of arbitrary (x,y) coordinate pairs can be computed quickly. The meshing extension, when licensed, uses all three coordinates to construct high quality triangles. Pre-existing triangles can be imported and triangles can be cut off with a set of segments.
- The Cut&Fill software for earthwork calculations (optional): Cut-And-Fill computes the volume between two overlapping TIN’s.
- The Segment Checker module (included or independent from Fade): Given a set of 2D or 2.5D line segments the Segment Checker identifies intersecting segments. This module is included in the base license but can also be used independently from Fade.
For a commercial license please contact the author. Please include information about your software project and which of the above optional components you plan to use.